Adventures On Kul Tiras

The continuing adventures of my family of girls on Kul Tiras.

 
Alliance
Pallanen
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Warrior
    Level: 80
    Dual Spec.: Arms/Protection
    Realm: Kul Tiras
    Battlegroup: Vengeance
    Guild: Club de Jolie Filles
      Profession #1: Grand Master Blacksmith/Weaponsmith/Master Swordsmith 450/450
      Profession #2: Mining 450/450
    Sairalinde
      Race: Night Elf
      Class: Hunter
      Level: 80
      Spec.: Beast Mastery
      Realm: Kul Tiras
      Battlegroup: Vengeance
      Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Leatherworking 275/375
        Profession #2: Skinning 450/450
      Jaelle
        Race: Human
        Class: Rogue
        Level: 46
        Spec.: Combat
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Alchemy 290/300
        Profession #2: Herbalism 291/300
        Lockpicking: 215/225
      Merenwen
        Race: Human
        Class: Mage
        Level: 50
        Spec.: Frost
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Enchanting 352/375
        Profession #2: Tailoring 350/375
      Miriel
        Race: Human
        Class: Death Knight
        Level: 60
        Spec.: Blood
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Mining 316/375
        Profession #2: Engineering 100/150
      Earanel
        Race: Night Elf
        Class: Druid
        Level: 25
        Spec.: Feral
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Leatherworking 67/75
        Profession #2: Skinning 133/150
      Granuaile
        Race: Human
        Class: Warrior
        Level: 47
        Spec.: Arms
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Blacksmith 300/300
        Profession #2: Mining 289/300
      Horde
      Rubacuori
        Race: Blood Elf
        Class: Rogue
        Level: 26
        Spec.: Subtlety
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Joiles Filles
        Profession #1: Herbalism 111/150
        Profession #2: Alchemy 93/150
      Ki'Leanna
        Race: Blood Elf
        Class: Priest
        Level: 80
        Spec.: Shadow
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Joiles Filles
        Profession #1: Mining 450/450
        Profession #2: Enchanting 340/375
      Merenwen The Mage
      Monday, March 30, 2009
      I haven't spoken of nor played Merenwen for some time. It's kinda funny how you forget just how much you like a character once you finally give them some attention. That's what happened to me once I let Elenai rest. I went to Kul Tiras and remembered that I needed Merenwen to be level 50 so she could once again level Enchanting and Tailoring. Her skills were maxed at 300 but she could not go higher until she became level 50. So last week I did just that.

      Merenwen was 46 when I started. She is now 50. Most of the questing I did with her was in Tanaris but I did start out in Stranglethorn first since she never finished the last of those quests. One of the quests she had yet to finish was the Big Game Hunter quest. That had a kind of funny element to it. I got to where King Bangalesh was just in time to see a Tauran Warrior kill him. So I stayed where I was to wait for his respawn. Since I expected him to respawn over on the other side of that little hill where he had been killed I just kind of settled in and chatted with some friends on general chat. But of course I had miscalculated. That darn tiger respawned behind poor Merenwen. Before I knew what was going on he and one of his orange tiger friends were attacking her from behind. Once they attacked and I realized what had happened I froze them in place and blinked away quickly to turn and fight. But when I jumped ahead to turn and fight I jumped right onto a stealthed Panther and when he got mad at Merenwen for jumping on him another orange tiger showed up pissed off at her too. lol It just wasn't a good fight for Merenwen.

      But once she was rezzed and healthy I took the fight to the King on Merenwen's terms. It was surprisingly easy to kill a 45 Elite cat solo, but Merenwen did it with no trouble. She killed his little friends too without any real trouble at all. I am getting used to the Frost spec now. :)

      Anyhow, Merenwen finished the STV quests and headed to Tanaris. There is where I got lots of practice as a Frost mage. I started Merenwen in the desert doing the Wastewander quests. I would run around and gather 3-4 bad guys, freeze them in place and then blink, turn and rain ice on their heads until they died. Most of the time it worked well. Sometimes I would miss one of them and they didn't stay frozen. That caused problems. lol

      I did the same routine in the Pirate area, killing those guys. It took no time at all to complete the area using those tactics. The ironic thing about this is that a while back I posted about how I watched a Frost Mage do the routine I described here. I was so impressed that I respecced Merenwen Frost. Now here I was getting my first real practice in the same place I had originally seen it done. :P

      Next up was Zul'Farrak. I learned a hard lesson about a Mage's DPS during this trip into ZF. My friend Lisa eventually brought her Hunter over to run Merenwen through ZF since I had 6 quests there. But even though her Hunter is 71 if I would hit with Merenwen's full force the mobs would change their minds and come after her. It got annoying. Merenwen was sent to the graveyard twice because her DPS was too good. So I eventually learned what spells to stay away from and which to use. In the end, we completed the quests and got the achievement but it was a lesson learned about how to use a Mage in a group. I think it will be hard to manage Merenwen's DPS while Raiding in a group all her same level.

      Once Merenwen hit 50 I gathered her mats and started working on her professions. Working on those and reorganizing all the girls banks, not just Merenwen's, took a lot of time. My girls have long since been storing stuff for each other and their banks tend to be messy. The girls who are questing a lot tend to send extra stuff to each other for safe keeping so they can keep questing. This makes for a big mess for all of them eventually. It took some time to get things straight but the end result was good. I made quite a few Neatherweave bags. I made some really cool armor (but she can't wear it yet). Most of what Merenwen made from Tailoring I put onto the AH. I also managed to raise her Enchanting level enough to Disenchant the items Pallanen had stashed for her from Northrend.

      So basically it was a work type of week. Not much questing done after Thursday. Last night I had some free time so I logged on again and decided to take Merenwen on her first Mage quest in some time. Unfortunately it was in Azshara. That place is hard on any chracter. I was not looking forward to taking a cloth wearer there. But it was a Mage quest so I went.

      I got there and started to ride away but when I realized the Tauran at the flight path had quests for her I went back. I know those quests well since I’ve done them a few times but I did hesitate. I am still not confident as a Mage and being a cloth wearer in Azshara is a bit scary to me. But in the end I accepted them and headed out to complete them on the way to the Archmage Xylem’s place where I was originally headed to.

      The first quest was to kill ghosts in the ruins near the FP. I had a little trouble there because the one type of ghost partially resisted frost spells. But it was OK. Then I had to go a little further and kill demons. There I got into a little trouble with the caster demons. Their minions and their Shadow spells hit hard! I managed to figure out how to handle them and did the quest but it was slower than the first one.

      Then I went to the Archmage. He gave Merenwen a quest to go to the Blood Elf camp and gather sparkly dust from them. I didn’t think too much about it until I got there. I saw them in the distance and dismounted. Then I ran toward them getting ready to attack when all at once they attacked me first. 3 of them that should have been way out of aggro range. That’s when I knew this wasn’t going to be fun.

      I rezzed Merenwen after that first encounter and approached again with caution. Even expecting a longer aggro range I still managed to stir up 2 of the Blood Elves from (what I thought was) a very long distance. I managed to down those two but the darn casters hit hard! It’s OK for a caster to hit hard when you are the caster….. not when you are fighting against one! LOL Anyway, this quest turned out to be a huge pain. The Blood Elves in that camp hit hard, respawned fast and aggroed from a very long distance. I eventually got it done but Merenwen had 3 trips to the graveyard before I got into a good rhythm. So I headed back to turn in the quest thinking it had been a pain in the butt but feeling good because now it was over. :)

      Then the Archmage guy gave her another quest to go into the Ruins of Eldarath to kill Spitelash Sirens for coral pieces. *sigh

      That one turned out to be not quite as bad. I managed to do it without any dying. I even got the silver dragon mob, Lady Sesspira while I was there. Then when I turned in that quest, guess what? Yep..... another hard quest. This time to go into the Sunken Temple.

      *sigh again

      That’s where I left it. I was tired and did not feel like an ST trip. I will have to get my friend Lisa to run Merenwen through ST and do that part. I am beyond spending a lot of time in there anymore. Having been in a Guild where Pallanen made so many runs through ST I really do not want to make it a long involved group thing anymore.

      So Merenwen has benefitted from Elenai needing some rest. She is now level 50. Her skills are getting higher. She is doing Mage quests and her bank is cleaned out. Nice. :)

      I will be going on a Raid with Elenai Tuesday evening. Her first with the Guild. Unfortunately it starts kind of late but I will give it a go. Maybe it will be quick. At any rate, the experience from the past week has been fun. I hope it lasts too and I am able to stop neglecting my alts so much.
      posted by Jen @ 12:51 PM  
      0 Comments:
      Post a Comment
      << Home
       
      |
      About Me

      Name: Jen
      Home: Pennsylvania, United States
      About Me: I started playing WoW after my best friend bugged me to play. I soon learned that I really liked it. Now 2 years later I still play and have 20 characters. LOL I am no gaming expert. I am no WoW expert. A lot of the terms and "how to do's" elude me still. But I love to play. All you will find here are the adventures of Pallanen and her sisters. I love them all and they really kick butt. So stay tuned and maybe we can learn stuff from each other that we never knew. xoxo
      See my complete profile
      Previous Post
      Archives
      Links
      Powered by

      Free Blogger Templates

      BLOGGER

      © Adventures On Kul Tiras Template by Isnaini Dot Com

      View My Stats Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com