Adventures On Kul Tiras

The continuing adventures of my family of girls on Kul Tiras.

 
Alliance
Pallanen
    Race: Night Elf
    Class: Warrior
    Level: 80
    Dual Spec.: Arms/Protection
    Realm: Kul Tiras
    Battlegroup: Vengeance
    Guild: Club de Jolie Filles
      Profession #1: Grand Master Blacksmith/Weaponsmith/Master Swordsmith 450/450
      Profession #2: Mining 450/450
    Sairalinde
      Race: Night Elf
      Class: Hunter
      Level: 80
      Spec.: Beast Mastery
      Realm: Kul Tiras
      Battlegroup: Vengeance
      Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Leatherworking 275/375
        Profession #2: Skinning 450/450
      Jaelle
        Race: Human
        Class: Rogue
        Level: 46
        Spec.: Combat
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Alchemy 290/300
        Profession #2: Herbalism 291/300
        Lockpicking: 215/225
      Merenwen
        Race: Human
        Class: Mage
        Level: 50
        Spec.: Frost
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Enchanting 352/375
        Profession #2: Tailoring 350/375
      Miriel
        Race: Human
        Class: Death Knight
        Level: 60
        Spec.: Blood
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Mining 316/375
        Profession #2: Engineering 100/150
      Earanel
        Race: Night Elf
        Class: Druid
        Level: 25
        Spec.: Feral
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Leatherworking 67/75
        Profession #2: Skinning 133/150
      Granuaile
        Race: Human
        Class: Warrior
        Level: 47
        Spec.: Arms
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Jolies Filles
        Profession #1: Blacksmith 300/300
        Profession #2: Mining 289/300
      Horde
      Rubacuori
        Race: Blood Elf
        Class: Rogue
        Level: 26
        Spec.: Subtlety
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Joiles Filles
        Profession #1: Herbalism 111/150
        Profession #2: Alchemy 93/150
      Ki'Leanna
        Race: Blood Elf
        Class: Priest
        Level: 80
        Spec.: Shadow
        Realm: Kul Tiras
        Battlegroup: Vengeance
        Guild: Club de Joiles Filles
        Profession #1: Mining 450/450
        Profession #2: Enchanting 340/375
      Amateur Night At Zul'Gurub
      Wednesday, April 1, 2009
      Elenai went into Zul'Gurub last night with her Guild. It was the first time I have been in the place with any toon. It was also the first time I raided with the new Guild. It was.......... an experience. lol

      OK, not a bad experience. Don't read negativity into that. It was a lot of fun. Just not what I have become used to when it comes to raiding. It was not organized. The group was such a conglomeration of different classes and none had true assignments. It was pretty much a "run up to the bosses and kill them asap" type of Raid. :P

      We went in there with only 2 healers. Two healers for a 20 person Raid seemed a little weak to me. Only one Priest. We had one Druid that either couldn't rez or just didn't understand what I was asking when I whispered to him to see if he could combat rez. He was level 73 so I thought he should know his abilities. ??? The group ranged from a level 80 Death Knight all the way down to a level 55 Warrior. There were no Paladins. Elenai was the only Rogue. Hunters galore joined in. Warlocks and Warriors also. We had one Mage. It was an interesting group to say the least.

      But we cleared the place out. :)

      ......... and it was a blast doing it.

      The Raid started on time, which I count as a plus. That is a hard thing to do. But the Guild is a very positive and enthusiastic type of Guild so they like to get things going. We headed inside and just rolled through the trash mobs. Once we got to the first boss (I do not remember order of events or names) we assembled and the Leader sent his pet in first. So did the other Hunters. I was just started typing to ask who was Tanking when the fight started. lol

      That was my first hint that the evening would be a little different. So I just ran up there and did what a Rogue does best, damage, damage and more damage.

      Once the boss was down this is where I really got a clue about the group. The drops were nice. There was a leather head piece that was perfect for a Rogue. Since Elenai was the only Rogue I was about to ask for it but instantly everyone in the Raid was rolling for it. I kept wondering why a Priest, Warlock or a Mage would roll for such a nice leather helmet.

      I was confused.

      The Mage won that leather BOP headpiece. I could have cried. All through the Raid people were winning stuff they couldn't use. The Mage later won a nice blue plate leg armor piece. I know her and she is not an enchanter. I knew she couldn't disenchant anything. So I found myself scratching my head a lot at this.

      There were some type of coins dropping almost every kill and everyone in the Raid rolled on them. Even the drops that were class specific everyone rolled for. Everyone rolled for every drop in the place. (Except me because I didn't want all that useless stuff. I passed on almost everything.)

      LOL

      So basically we went into every fight the same way. We cleared the areas in front of the Bosses. Then we all rushed the Boss. Everyone rolled for every drop. We rezzed the lowbies after every fight. Every fight. Or we had to summon the lowbies back since they kept rezzing themselves at the Graveyard. :P We killed everything in the place and got the achievemnent despite ourrselves. It was a blast.

      The experience reminded me of Pallanen's younger days when no one knew any better. No one in that early Guild knew a thing about Instances back then, but of course everyone back then was in their 20-30 level. That's a bit different.

      When we got to the last Boss, Hakkar the Soulflayer, I was just resigned to having a good time. That fight turned out to be a piece of cake until I saw that some trash mobs had jumped our one Priest. I rushed over and began to attack them, using Elenai's Blade Fury which hits multiple mobs. I wanted their attention. Unfortunately I got it and although Elenai killed one of them, the others finished her off. It was her only death. I got a front row seat for the final seconds of the Hakkar fight. It was almost dead anyway.

      Then the Druid who I whispered to earlier rezzed me. LOLOLOL!

      In the end it was a very fun first Raid. One of the Guildies popped up the stats for the evening. It showed that the Hunters did the most damage. That always seems to be the case. The 80 Death Knight was overjoyed that he was near the top in the damage dealt catagory. I just chuckled since I would have thought an 80 DK should have been way out in front of even the Hunters. No Hunter was over level 75.

      Elenai was right in the middle of the pack when it came to her damage output. She ended up #9. I was happy with that. She was near the bottom when it came to how much Healing she had needed, which is also a happy stat. (But I think the healing stats are askew since the Priest kept healing everyone all the time. Many times Elenai was healed even when she had taken no damage.) Generally, the stats tell me she is doing well so far. Being level 64 with most of the raid group being higher levels, I think Elenai did well. I know I have a lot to learn about the Rogue but right now she is on course for being a good group member.

      Now the Guild on the other hand, well..... we will have to do a lot of homework to whip that group into good shape for high level Raiding and Instances. No way could we survive Kara doing things the way we did them last night in Zul'Gurub. Not even with a few level 80's mixed in. But we have time to get used to playing as a Guild group. Eventually we will have it together. Until then, we will just stomp our way through the achievement list. Hopefully with a few more Healers and a real Tank from now on. :P
      posted by Jen @ 7:43 AM  
      0 Comments:
      Post a Comment
      << Home
       
      |
      About Me

      Name: Jen
      Home: Pennsylvania, United States
      About Me: I started playing WoW after my best friend bugged me to play. I soon learned that I really liked it. Now 2 years later I still play and have 20 characters. LOL I am no gaming expert. I am no WoW expert. A lot of the terms and "how to do's" elude me still. But I love to play. All you will find here are the adventures of Pallanen and her sisters. I love them all and they really kick butt. So stay tuned and maybe we can learn stuff from each other that we never knew. xoxo
      See my complete profile
      Previous Post
      Archives
      Links
      Powered by

      Free Blogger Templates

      BLOGGER

      © Adventures On Kul Tiras Template by Isnaini Dot Com

      View My Stats Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com